THE GENNESARET RETREAT FOR THOSE LIVING WITH SERIOUS ILLNESS
After making the crossing, they came ashore at Gennesaret…
the crowds scurried…to bring the sick…to the place where they heard he was…
WHAT IS IT: The retreat is called Gennesaret. It is offered free of charge. When coping with the many facets of serious illness it is often hard to take the "time out" to seek spiritual strength. This retreat offers a respite, a quiet time, an oasis, to enable one to continue their journey. The retreat focuses on God's love, his forgiveness, and his faithfulness.
You may visit people in Hospitals, Nursing Homes, in their own homes or perhaps you just know of someone who could benefit from the retreat. When people hear of Gennesaret they somehow translate it to mean the terminally ill. Although some people who come may be advanced in their illness, others are in remission or are struggling with the fear or disability of their illness. All are welcome!
Perhaps someone you know would be interested in coming on this retreat. At times it is possible for a spouse or caregiver to attend with the Retreatant. If this is a concern, please let us know. A medical team member will visit before the retreat to asses the Retreatants’ needs and to answer any questions. To register, or to receive more information about the weekend, please give a call to one of the phone numbers below.
We have a group available to speak to any group who ministers to those who are ill or homebound.
Archdiocesan Retreat Center, Kearny NJ
- 2018 Dates to be Announced
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A respite from the daily coping with serious illness
- A staff of Medical Personnel
- Spiritual Directors
- A caring team of helpers to assist Retreatants
- A retreat setting that allows time for rest and quiet
- A focus on God’s love, forgiveness and faithfulness
- There is no cost to the Retreatant
- Hilare Reinold: 732-566-7237; 732-371-1724 (Cell)
- Linda Capobianco: 732-608-7277
- Peggy Walsh: 908-499-7667